- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- Egg, oil and water called for on cake mix package
- 16 oz container cream cheese frosting
- 16 oz pink, red, and/or white candy melts
- Lollipop sticks
- Foam block, to serve as a “stand,” optional
- Optional Garnish: assorted Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- Prepare cake according to package instructions. Cool completely.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting, stirring to combine.
- Roll into 1-inch balls, and place on baking sheets. Refrigerate overnight.
- Melt candy melts in microwave on medium power, stirring until smooth.
- Dip the end of 1 lollipop stick in melted candy and insert into 1 cake ball.
- Dip cake ball into melted candy, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper, or poke into a foam block to dry. Immediately sprinkle with sprinkles if desired.
- Repeat procedure with remaining cake balls. Let stand until coating is set.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/lovely-red-velvet-cake-bites/