Quick Three-Ingredient Dessert Recipe: Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 16 oz strawberries, washed and thoroughly dried
- Wax paper
- Optional Garnish: Flaked coconut, finely chopped toasted nuts
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in a glass bowl.
- Microwave on medium power for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Dip strawberries into melted chocolate, and allow excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Place dipped strawberries on baking sheets lined with wax paper.
- If desired, roll strawberries immediately in coconut or chopped nuts.
- Chill 30 minutes, or until set.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/quick-three-ingredient-dessert-recipe-chocolate-covered-strawberries/