Clean Eating Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Massaman Curry with Spicy Slaw
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or boneless, skinless breasts)
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 16 oz shredded cabbage coleslaw mix
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple (or 20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice, drained)
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine chicken, curry powder, garlic, onion, bell pepper, broth and coconut milk in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.
- Combine cabbage, pineapple, green onion, crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice and oil; let stand 1 hour before serving.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/paleo-meal-plan-clean-eating-slow-cooker-thai-chicken-massaman-curry-recipe-2/