Orange Muffins with Orange Glaze
- * 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- * ⅓ cup sugar
- * 1 tablespoon baking powder
- * 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- * ½ teaspoon salt
- * ¾ cup milk
- * ¼ cup butter, melted
- * 2 teaspoons orange zest
- * ½ cup fresh orange juice
- * 2 large eggs
- * ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- * 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder,
- thyme, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, melted butter, orange zest, orange juice,
- and eggs, stirring with a whisk until well blended.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Spoon batter into a muffin pan that has been filled with paper liners
- or sprayed with cooking spray and dusted with flour.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners sugar and 1 tablespoon orange juice
- until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over hot muffins, and serve warm.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/orange-muffins-with-orange-glaze/