Slow Cooker Clean Eating Meal Plan: Lemon Chicken Thighs with Olives Recipe
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ cup pitted green olives
- Sprinkle chicken thighs evenly with salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add half of chicken.
- Cook about 3 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- Transfer to slow cooker, and add lemon slices.
- Combine broth, juice, flour and cumin, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour broth mixture over chicken.
- Top with olives and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/slow-cooker-clean-eating-meal-plan-lemon-chicken-thighs-with-olives-recipe/