Italian Pork Shoulder
- 4 lb boneless pork shoulder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Anaheim peppers, seeded and sliced*
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add pork; cook 5 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add parsley, oregano, garlic, broth, vinegar, peppers and crushed red pepper flakes to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours or until pork is tender. Serve half of pork, and reserve remaining half for Pork Tacos.
- *Note: Green bell peppers may be substituted for Anaheim peppers if desired.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/new-slow-cooker-meal-plans-pork-tacos-sample-recipe/