Lighter Summer Dessert: Pound Cake Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberries
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1⅔ cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 ounces ⅓-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine sugar, butter and cream cheese in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended.
- Stir in oil, lemon rind, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternatively, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Place 24 paper baking cups in 2 muffin pans; spoon batter evenly into cups
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Dust cooled cupcakes with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve with fresh strawberries.
Serving size: 1 cupcake Calories: 165 Fat: 7.4 g Saturated Fat: 3.1 g Carbs: 23 g Sodium: 127 mg Fiber: .3 g Protein: 2.5 g Chol: 29 mg
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/lighter-summer-dessert-pound-cake-cupcakes-with-fresh-strawberries/