Ultimate Blueberry Muffins with Oat Streusel
- 2¼ cups flour, divided
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup low-fat strawberry yogurt
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine ¼ cup flour, oats and raw sugar in a small bowl.
- Using a snapping motion with your fingers, rub butter into oat mixture until large crumbs form; set aside.
- Whisk together remaining 2 cups flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl; stir in blueberries.
- Combine yogurt, oil, egg and vanilla in a medium bowl; whisk until well blended.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture; stir gently just until moistened.
- Fill 16 muffin cups lined with paper baking liners evenly with batter; sprinkle evenly with reserved oat streusel.
- Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Nutrition Information (per muffin): Calories 173; Fat 6.8g (sat 1.5g); Protein 3g; Carb 25g; Fiber 1g; Chol 16mg; Sodium 143mg
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/happy-national-blueberry-muffin-day-ultimate-blueberry-muffins-with-oat-streusel/