Gluten-Free Ground Beef and Potato Tot Casserole
- 1½ lb ground round
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 14.5 oz can French-style green beans, drained (or 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed)
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1½ tablespoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 32 oz package frozen potato tots
- Brown ground round and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring to crumble; drain well.
- Stir in green beans, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, sugar, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Line a 13x9-inch baking dish with heavy-duty nonstick aluminum foil, allowing several inches of foil to extend over sides.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish; top evenly with shredded cheese and tots.
- Cover and freeze 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from baking dish by holding edges of foil; fold foil over casserole.
- Wrap in additional foil, making sure it is tightly sealed.
- Freeze up to 1 month.
- To serve, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place foil-wrapped casserole in a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Uncover top, and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until thoroughly heated and tots are golden.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/gluten-free-ground-beef-and-potato-tot-casserole/