Iron-Grilled Goat Cheese and Strawberry Sandwich
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 oz goat cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh baby spinach or arugula
- Heat iron to hottest setting.
- Place a clean towel on an ironing board or flat surface.
- Place a large piece of aluminum foil or wax paper on towel.
- Spread cheese over 1 slice of bread. Top with strawberries; drizzle vinegar over strawberries. Top with spinach and remaining slice of bread.
- Fold foil or wax paper over sandwich to cover both sides.
- Place hot iron on top of sandwich; cook 1 minute.
- Flip sandwich, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/clean-eating-recipe-for-a-dorm-room-iron-grilled-goat-cheese-and-strawberry-sandwich/