Clean Eating Pork Provencal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pound pork butt, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1½ cups chopped tomato
- ½ cups chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add pork and cook 5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Arrange onion and bell pepper in a 5-to-7-quart slow cooker; top with pork.
- Add tomato, basil, olives, garlic, fennel seeds, salt, pepper, and broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Stir in parsley and serve over cooked brown rice.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/slow-cooker-clean-eating-pork-provencal/