Clean Eating Holiday Menu: Toasted Pecan Tart
- 1 frozen whole wheat pie crust
- ½ cup honey
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups toasted pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prebake pie crust 10 minutes; cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Combine honey, egg whites, butter, vanilla and cinnamon; stir well with a whisk. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/clean-eating-holiday-menu-toasted-pecan-tart/