Classic Holiday Menu: Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 2 cups chocolate teddy bear-shaped cookies
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Finely crush cookies to yield about 11/2 cups; stir in ⅓ cup melted butter. Spoon mixture into a 9-inch pie plate, pressing firmly. Bake 6 to 8 minutes; let cool.
- Combine sugar and eggs in a large bowl, whisking until well blended. Stir in ½ cup melted butter, unsweetened chocolate, cornstarch and vanilla. Add chocolate chips and pecans, stirring until blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until set, shielding edges with aluminum foil during last 10 minutes or baking if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/classic-holiday-menu-chocolate-pecan-pie/