Low Calorie Dinner Recipe: Garlic Shrimp with Blistered Tomatoes and Linguine
- 12 oz uncooked whole grain linguine
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, toss tomatoes with 1 tablespoon oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and red pepper on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil 4 to 5 minutes or until tomatoes burst.
- Melt butter in a large skillet with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Sprinkle shrimp with ¼ teaspoon salt; saute shrimp and garlic 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Toss shrimp with tomato mixture.
- Divide pasta evenly among 6 shallow bowls.
- Top with shrimp and tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/low-calorie-dinner-recipe-garlic-shrimp-with-blistered-tomatoes-and-linguine/