Diabetic Meal Plan: Sweet-Soy Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Asparagus
- 1½ lb pork tenderloin
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- ¼ cup lower-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup raspberry fruit spread
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Combine pork, 3 tablespoons vinegar, 3 tablespoons soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Seal bag, and turn to coat.
- Whisk together remaining vinegar, soy sauce and fruit spread in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate fruit spread mixture and pork overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove pork from bag, discarding marinade.
- Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add pork and brown on all sides.
- Place pork in a 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Arrange asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet, and drizzle with remaining oil.
- Roast asparagus and pork 15 minutes or until pork reaches 145°F and asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle asparagus with salt; let pork stand 3 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, bring fruit spread mixture to a boil in skillet over medium-high heat; stir in lemon rind.
- Serve sauce over pork with asparagus.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/diabetic-meal-plan-sweet-soy-pork-tenderloin-with-roasted-asparagus/