Chicken Sausage with Pineapple and Avocado
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 (12- to 14-oz) packages Italian chicken sausage, sliced ½-inch-thick
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed pineapple
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- Melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until browned.
- Remove sausage from skillet, reserving drippings in pan.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add onion and salt; cook 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and pineapple; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in avocado before serving.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/chicken-sausage-with-pineapple-and-avocado/