Today is Family Day, issued as a proclamation by each President since 2001 as a day for our country to celebrate family by eating dinner together. Strong families are the building block for our great country. And families are made strong through the bonding and connection that happens over consistent family meals together.
Emeals is not just about great recipes. Emeals is about family. It’s about giving this country a simple, practical tool to keep the family unit strong. Yet, most of us know how important dinner is to our families. It’s the “making it happen” that is a crisis. Yes, at eMeals we preach “Have family dinner time!,” but parents don’t need a guilt trip, they need a tool! That is what we feverishly work to provide for you every day at eMeals.
Since we began eMeals nine years ago, the eating styles among families have grown and changed before our eyes. The majority of you prefer classic, family friendly meals. But just as many are committed to “healthy eating” of some variety – Clean Eating, Paleo (coming mid-October), Low Fat, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Portion Control, Vegetarian. Families come in all shapes, sizes, and preferred eating styles. That’s why we have over 40 different menu options, for families as well as couples.
Here are a few dinner recipes we cooked and shared on the radio today on the Rick and Bubba show. Please use one of these to make dinner happen tonight. Print it. Cook it. Celebrate your family tonight!
Oregano Chicken over Greek Orzo —- from our Clean Eating menu
- 6 - 8 chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 t kosher salt, 1 t black pepper
- 2 t dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 T olive oil
- Side Dish: 1 package whole wheat orzo
- 4 oz Greek olives, pitted
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 c spinach
- ½ c feta
- 3 T olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chicken with salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Marinate for 2 - 6 hours.
- Grill over medium to high heat for 20 minutes turning occasionally.
- Side Dish: Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Combine with olives, tomatoes, spinach, feta, olive oil, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 2 - 8 hours.
Creamy Chicken Casserole —– from our Classic Family menu
(Complete with a priced grocery list!)