When my husband was young, he loved egg sandwiches. Ever eager to avoid a drive-through fast-food option, my mother-in-law came up with her own—now family-famous—recipe: Egg McMommas.
Egg McMommas are now a favorite in our family. Even though all her children are grown, my mother-in-law still makes these when we come to visit, and we still love them just as much as we did when we were young. Easy to make, fast to prep, and incredibly versatile, these little breakfast sandwiches (or breakfast-for-dinner sandwiches) are all-around perfect. And the recipe’s name is pretty cute too!
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted (buttered, if desired)
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices ready-to-cook bacon, heated and cut in half
- Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper. Pour one-fourth of egg mixture into a lightly greased nonstick skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until set, without stirring. Flip egg over. Cook until set; fold egg so that it is about the same size as the English muffin.
- Place egg on English muffin bottom; add cheese, bacon and English muffin top. Repeat procedure with remaining eggs, muffins, cheese and bacon.