While eating like a caveman may sound crazy at first, at eMeals, we are in love with the Paleo Diet. This eating style focusing on consuming a diet high in meat, fish, eggs, fresh vegetables and fruits, and healthy fats. “Any plan that cuts out processed foods and emphasizes fresh ingredients is going to have health benefits,” says our Registered Dietitian. With a little planning, sticking to the Paleo Diet can be practical and affordable. Let us simplify your Paleo meal planning.
Because we love the Paleo Diet so much, we’ve come up with a special occasion menu to help you celebrate Valentine’s Day Paleo style. You can download our Valentine’s Day Paleo Dinner Menu as a FREE bonus on your members page or access the entire menu for free with new subscriptions. If you’re not already an eMeals subscriber, click here to check out what we have to offer and join.
Below is a sample recipe from the Valentine’s Day Paleo Dinner Menu. This shrimp got a rave review from our taste testers. Best of all, you can whip up this special main dish in less than 15 minutes!
- 18 slices of bacon, halved
- 36 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon water
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced garlic
- Cook bacon in a pan until it is cooked but still soft and pliable.
- Combine honey and water in a large bowl. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each shrimp. Divide shrimp evenly among 6 skewers.
- Preheat broiler. Place skewers on a baking sheet; broil 3 minutes per side or until done.
- Combine oil and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook 4 minutes, or until garlic begins to brown. Drizzle over cooked shrimp, and serve additional oil alongside shrimp for dipping.
Check out the links below for more information about Paleo meal planning and additional Paleo recipes.
PS Don’t forget to enter to win our $140 value Valentine’s Day giveaway here.