Note: This post originally appeared on the eMeals blog in 2014.
No-bake cookies…What’s not to love? Because let’s be honest, when you have a cookie craving, who wants to wait for the oven to preheat?
These no-bake “cookies” clusters resulted from one such instance. One afternoon while sitting at our desks editing recipes, we were stuck by a serious NEED for a cookie—NOW! We wandered into the eMeals test kitchen, flung open the pantry, and found some key ingredients: white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, cereal, almonds and marshmallows. Five ingredients and 15 minutes later, and we had “cookies.” That’s right—no oven, no mixer, no softening the butter.
If you need a last-minute recipe for a holiday party or are looking for an easy, packable dessert treat for your child’s lunchbox, try these no-bake cookie clusters. Use the measurements as a base, and experiment with different flavor combinations. We loved the white chocolate-and-cranberry combo for Christmastime, but dark chocolate with dried cherries or milk chocolate with peanuts would be equally easy and delicious.
Coat a tablespoon measure with cooking spray before scooping to keep the mixture from sticking to the measuring spoon.
Substitute dark chocolate for white chocolate and choose a whole-grain wheat cereal squares for an added dose of heart-healthy antioxidants and fiber.
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups cinnamon or plain rice cereal squares
- ¾ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 (11- or 12-oz) pkg white chocolate chips
- Toast almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat until browned, if desired.
- Combine cereal, marshmallows, cranberries and almonds in a bowl.
- Microwave white chocolate chips in a glass bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Pour white chocolate over cereal mixture, tossing to coat.
- Quickly drop mixture by heaping tablespoonful onto wax paper; let harden.
For more quick and easy dessert recipes, check out the eMeals Dessert Plan.
-Text by Jessica Cox