It’s that time of year again, when the smells of the holidays fill our kitchens and tease our appetites. If you’re like us, you’re already thinking about what dishes will grace your Thanksgiving table this year. The holidays wouldn’t be special without a festive pie, and this year, we hope you’ll give this Caramel Apple-Pecan Pie from the eMeals Dessert Plan a try. With an easy prep and the classic flavors of brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg mixed with tart Granny Smith apples and salted caramel, it’s sure to be requested again and again.
Related Article: Thanksgiving Centerpiece on a Budget
About the eMeals Dessert Plan
- ½ (14-oz) pkg refrigerated piecrusts, thawed
- 3 medium-size Granny Smith apples, peeled
- and chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup all purpose-flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (11.5-oz) jar salted caramel topping
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place piecrust in a pie plate, and crimp edges.
- Combine apples and lemon juice, stirring to coat.
- Stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and flour. Fold in apples and 1 cup pecans. Spoon apple mixture into piecrust, and drizzle with ½ cup caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup pecans over pie. Brush beaten egg along edge of piecrust.
- Bake 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Carefully cover pie with foil. Bake 25 minutes longer; let cool before serving.
- Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce, if desired.