Are you ready to stir up a de-fright-fully delicious Halloween treat? If you have a household of little ghosts and goblins (or big ones for that matter), get ready to give them a bite that’s guaranteed to elicit lots of shrieks and howls.
The great news about this baked good is that it’s scary how easy it is to make. You can use your own favorite brownie recipe—this one for Gooey Chewy Brownies, part of our Dessert Plan, is quite good—or you can pick up your favorite boxed mix at the grocery store. (We really like Ghirardelli’s boxed brownies.)
Grab a few handfuls from your pre-Trick or Treat stash (we know you have one), and snag a pack of sugar eyes from your hobby store. This is a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen, too, so you can also let them pick out other treats to top the brownies with.
What You’ll Need
Ingredients to make brownies or a boxed mix
Candy (we used mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Mini M&M’s, and Kit Kats)
Sugar eyeballs (such as Wilton’s Candy Eyeballs)
How to Make These
1. Mix the brownies according to recipe or package directions. Pour into a prepared pan.
2. Cut Reese’s and Kit Kats in half (or thirds for the Kit Kats). Sprinkle these pieces and the M&M’s on top of the brownie batter.
3. Bake according to recipe or package directions.
4. Remove the brownies, and immediately arrange the eyeballs where you’d like on top of the hot brownies. Push them into the brownies delicately so they will stay when you slice.
5. Let cool, slice, and enjoy!
These brownies are spooky but adorable, which makes them great for the kids’ neighborhood party or even the office. Make up to 2 days in advance, and store in an air-tight container if you won’t be eating or serving them right away. Place a sheet of wax paper between each layer of brownies to prevent sticking. Beware of how delicious these are! You’ll want more than one.