Make your own ice cream sandwiches in no time with your favorite refrigerated cookie dough and ice cream. Just whip up a batch of these semi-homemade ice cream sandwiches and enjoy cooling off from this brutal summer heat. The possibilities are endless with all the different varieties of ice cream sandwiches!
Don’t forget to check out our other desserts to beat the heat: Chocolate Banana Pops and our soon to come Peach Buttermilk Ice Cream.
- 1 package ready-to-bake cookie dough
- 1 container of your favorite ice cream
- For garnish: colorful sprinkles, crushed cookies, candy, or chopped nuts
- Bake cookies according to package instructions. Cool completely.
- Remove ice cream from freezer, and allow it to soften slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Scoop about ¼ cup ice cream onto the flat bottom side of 1 cookie.
- Top with flat bottom side of another cookie, and press gently to push ice cream to edge of cookies.
- Roll sides of sandwich in sprinkles, cookie crumbs, candy, or crushed nuts, if desired, pressing gently to adhere garnish to ice cream.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
Our Favorite Flavor Combinations:
White chocolate Macadamia nut cookies with strawberry ice cream and coconut
Chocolate chip peanut butter cookies with chocolate ice cream and crushed Reese’s® pieces (pictured)
Sugar cookies with vanilla bean ice cream and colorful sprinkles (pictured)
What kind of ice cream sandwich would you want to make for you and your family?