These cool treats are quick and easy to prepare, and the possibilities are endless! Let your kids choose their favorite topping combinations, or try one of our favorites below. This recipe is the perfect summer treat for when it’s just to warm to want anything other than a cold dessert to cool off.
- 4 large bananas
- 8 wooden craft sticks
- 1 (24 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For Garnish: sprinkles, chopped nuts, crushed cookies, candy pieces
- Peel bananas and cut in half crosswise; insert a craft stick into the cut side of each banana half.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze at least one hour.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring periodically, until melted and smooth.
- Place toppings on separate paper plates or sheets of parchment paper.
- Remove bananas from freezer. Dip in melted chocolate, rolling to coat completely.
- Hold bananas over bowl of chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Roll each banana in desired topping.
- Return to parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for at least one hour before serving.
- Our Favorite Toppings: Crushed Butterfingers® candy, crushed Oreo® cookies, flaked coconut, granola
This will make a perfect ending to your cookout feast! What topping do you want to try on your banana pop?