Everyone makes a big fuss over Mother’s Day, but dads tend to play second fiddle when it comes to parents’ day celebrations. Make it up to dad by baking him these special maple bacon cupcakes that are sure to satisfy his manly sweet tooth. Not only are these packing a flavorful punch but they have crispy bacon spread on top to give a little extra crunch and the perfect salty meets sweet combination. Enjoy!
- Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Butter Pecan Cake Mix
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 Stick of butter at room temperature
- 3 ½ Cups of Confectioner’s Sugar
- 4 T of Milk
- 2 t of maple extract
- Bacon fully cooked and crumbled
- Cupcake Directions:
- Make according to package directions for cupcakes. Allow cupcakes to completely cool.
- Frosting Directions:
- Place butter in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Stop the machine and add the confectioner’s sugar and milk and beat on low speed for 1 minute.
- Add the maple extract and increase mixing speed to medium and beat frosting until light and fluffy.
- Add more milk if frosting seems stiff.
- Frost cupcakes and add bacon pieces on top.
If you’re looking for more delectable dessert recipes and ideas for the week along with an itemized grocery list, check out our awesome dessert plan for only $3 per month!!