Skip the take-out, and enjoy the spicy flavors a Chinese favorite at home with this simple recipe. It’s also gluten-free.
- 1 (10-oz) package frozen edamame
- 1 head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 lb boneless pork roast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- To prepare salad, cook edamame according to package directions; let cool. Combine cabbage, edamame, carrots, 1 cup green onions and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Whisk together olive oil, rice wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, garlic salt and pepper. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- To prepare pork, combine ½ cup water, soy sauce, ¼ cup green onions, honey, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, and arrowroot in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently; reduce heat to a simmer, and cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté ginger and garlic 2 minutes; add pork and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. Pour sauce and cashews into skillet, stirring to coat. Cook 1 minute, stirring gently.
- Serve pork and sauce over salad.
Interested in more gluten-free dinner recipes? Check out the eMeals Gluten-Free meal plan for dinner recipe that will satisfy the whole family.
Thanks to Erin with Clementine Daily for sharing this photo on her Instagram feed with us after cooking from our Gluten Free meal plans! Make sure you follow us on Instagram here and your photo could be featured on our Instagram feed.
Related Post: Gluten-Free Meal Planning Tips for the Whole Family