Today, we’re welcoming one of our bloggers to share a Grain Free Muffin recipe with us. We hope you enjoy it as a healthier treat for breakfast one morning this week!
Hi! My name is Tarah and I blog over at What I Gather. Until I got pregnant with my now six month old son, I mostly shared my simple and delicious (if I do say so, myself) paleo recipes. Now I also write about my experience with paleo pregnancy and discuss what I am learning about raising a healthy family. Since transitioning to a paleo diet, I pretty much fell in love with health and nutrition and now I am currently working toward my master’s degree in holistic health! To me, food is all about nutrient density. Learning how some foods can nourish our bodies and others can actually deplete our bodies of nutrients is fascinating to me because we really are in control of our health and well being just through the foods we choose to eat. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t have a little healthy treat every once in a while – like these Grain Free Lemon Blueberry Lavender Muffins!
Lemon, blueberry and lavender may sound like an unusual combination, but these muffins are light and full of flavor. The lavender is subtle, the lemon adds a hint of citrus-y freshness and the blueberry flavor bursts in your mouth! If you have a gluten allergy or are cutting grains from your diet, these muffins will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth!
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs dried lavender
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and lavender.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, honey, oil and vanilla. Blend well with whisk.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, blending with a whisk.
- Fold in blueberries and lemon zest with a spatula.
- Pour batter evenly into a 12 cup muffin tin (greased with coconut oil or using paper liners).
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and serve!
What is your favorite kind of muffin?