Break out the grill with this spin on the Caesar salad from the eMeals + HEALTH Magazine partner plan. A homemade dressing made from tangy Greek yogurt keeps the calories low while still letting you indulge. Using kale instead of romaine lends a boost of antioxidants and vitamins A and C, and pairing it with the classic, family-friendly Caesar dressing helps encourage picky eaters to give it a try. Grilling is a fast and easy way to cook shrimp, but you can also stay inside and cook these skewers in a grill pan if you prefer.
Make the dressing and prep the salad ingredients ahead of time to make dinnertime a real breeze. All you’ll have to do is toss the shrimp and onion onto the grill! Dinner can be on the table in no-time flat.
Interested in learning more about the eMeals + HEALTH Magazine partner plan? eMeals tames the dinnertime rush with weekly meal plans (and coordinating grocery lists sorted by grocery aisle and exact package sizes!) suited to your family’s needs. We’ve partnered with HEALTH magazine to bring you original HEALTH recipes every week, straight to your inbox or smartphone app. Click here to learn more and try our 14-day free trial!
- 12 oz large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 (¼-inch-thick) slices from a small red onion
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, 2 minced and 1 halved
- 12 oz kale, tough ribs removed and leaves torn
- (about 8 cups packed)
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt (not nonfat)
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tinned anchovies, mashed with a fork
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 thin diagonal slices of baguette
- ¼ cup Parmesan shavings
- Toss shrimp and onion with 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp oil and 1 minced garlic clove in a bowl. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Rub kale leaves with 1 Tbsp lemon juice and salt until slightly softened and darkened.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- In a bowl, whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, Parmesan, anchovies, mustard, remaining 2 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 minced garlic clove and 1½ tsp warm water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium; oil lightly. Grill bread until golden, turning once, about 2 minutes total. Immediately rub bread with cut sides of garlic halves. Grill shrimp and red onion, turning, until cooked through, about 4 minutes total.
- Divide kale among 4 plates and top with grilled shrimp, onion, Parmesan shavings and garlic bread. Drizzle with dressing and serve.