We’re celebrating National Breakfast Month with another healthy breakfast recipe. These colorful fruit parfaits are lightly sweetened with an easy mint syrup for a special touch. Honeydew is high in Vitamin C, blueberries contribute fiber, and yogurt provides a dose of bone-building calcium. Serve with a serving of whole grain, like a whole wheat English muffin or toast or your favorite whole grain cereal for a healthy start to the day.
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 31/2 cups cubed honeydew or cantaloupe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
- 6 oz carton low-fat strawberry yogurt
- Combine water, sugar and mint in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 3 minutes or until syrupy. Remove from heat; cool completely. Discard mint; chill syrup at least 10 minutes.*
- Combine honeydew and berries in a serving bowl. Drizzle mint syrup over fruit; toss gently. Spoon into parfait glasses or bowls. Top each serving evenly with yogurt.
- *Note: Mint syrup may be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Make a large batch to mix with fruit or add to iced tea or lemonade.
If you haven’t tried our Healthy Breakfast Plan yet, check out the free sample. Each plan includes one Classic Favorite, one Healthy Start, one Simple To Go, one Quick Smoothie and one Casual Brunch recipe with a coordinating shopping list in the same simple format as all of our dinner plans.