How frustrating is it to run a load in the dishwasher only to see your dishes foggy and still not clean? With all the changes in product guidelines over the past few years, it is hard to find a product that works and doesn’t cost a fortune.
Cascade ActionPacs Dishwasher Detergent (60 ct) will cost around $15.25, and in some households, that just seems like too much for an everyday problem. Here is the secret recipe to save you money and get your dishes clean the first time.
This recipe will cost $.07 per load compared to the Cascade option of $.25 per load.
- 1 Cup of Baking Soda
- 1 Cup of Borax
- ¼ Cup of Kosher Salt
- ¼ Cup of Citric Acid (available on Amazon.com)
- 1 Bottle of Dish Soap
- 1 Bottle of White Vinegar
- Mix Baking Soda, Borax, Kosher Salt, and Citric Acid and store in a dry container
- Add 1-2 T per load of dishes
- Add 2-3 drops of dish soap (do NOT use more than 3 drops) to the detergent
- Add ½ cup of white vinegar to the bottom of your dishwasher
- Close and start
Thanks to the One Good Thing blog for this idea!