This week’s Mediterranean Meal Plan features this easy, weeknight-approved recipe. With only 12 ingredients (including the side dishes!), it’s a breeze to prep and get in the oven. You can cut up the pears while the pork browns, then put everything in the oven at the same time. We used microwaveable brown rice that cooked up in 90 seconds, and had dinner on the table in about 30 minutes flat. My husband loved the roasted pears, which paired perfectly with the pork and made the whole dish sing of fall. I poured some of the wonderful sauce that developed while the pears baked over the rice and pears after plating everything. Leftover or frozen asparagus or green beans would pair nicely too.
Interested in more recipes from our Mediterranean Meal Plan? Click here!
MORE MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES TO TRY
- 6 (1-inch-thick) boneless pork chops
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking brown rice (see note)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider
- 4 firm pears, cored and quartered
- PORK: Preheat oven to 425°F. Brush pork with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir together honey, butter and vinegar. Brown pork in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes. Turn pork over, and brush with half of honey mixture.
- Bake 6 minutes. Turn pork, and brush with remaining honey mixture. Bake until done.
- PEARS: Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Melt butter in a large oven-safe skillet. Stir in sugar and cider, and cook until syrupy.
- Stir in pears. Bake alongside pork 8 minutes or until tender.
-Text by Ashley Leath