With spending more time with family and saving money being two of the top resolutions in 2012, we need to be creative in how we entertain our children. Time with our family is priceless and much more important than the latest fad. Here are ten ways you can spend time with the kiddos but not spend tons of money to keep them entertained.
1. Visit a local museum. The cost is minimum if not free. It is a great way to expose your children to incredible art, the love of history and many other cultural experiences.
2. Organize a potluck block party. Everyone in the neighborhood brings a dish & plans some fun old fashion activities like relay races and freeze tag.
3. Family Cooking Challenge. Invite several families over and assign each family a recipe to cook and the competition begins. The winner receives the bragging rights until the next cook off.
4. Go to a local park, playground or state park. Enjoying hiking, flying kites, fishing or other attractions that your neighborhood parks offer.
5. Family Game Night. Guaranteed to be a blast. Pick your favorite board or card games and let the fun begin.
6. Introduce a New Generation to Old Games. Experience games like Bocce, Croquet, Badminton, Four Square, Card Towers or marbles.
7. Visit a Farm. The cost is usually minimum if not free. It is a fun day with animals and enjoying the outdoors.
8. Family Fishing. Enjoy a peaceful day around the water watching your kids have fun with an age-old sport.
9. Enjoy a sporting event in your local community. Whether it be a high school sport or the “cheap seats” for a major league team support your community and participate while having fun being with the family.
10. Sidewalk Chalk Night. This is a fun way for everyone to be creative and silly. Play tic-tac-toe, hangman or create a family m