When we say we LOVE potato salad around here, it’s not joke. We have made so many different versions of potato salad, it will make your head spin…we are from the south after all. But, we found a way to make it better. It’s something that makes EVERYTHING better. BACON. Yep, that’s right, add some crisp bacon to your chilled potato salad and call it a day. You’ve outdone yourself with this one, chef! Watch the whole family sing your praises whether you make this with dinner tonight or for the July 4th festivities.
This recipe is included in our all-star lineup for the July 4th Menu. This menu includes:
Easy Baby Back Ribs
Bacon Potato Salad
Crunch-Topped Squash Casserole
Berry-Topped Thunder Cake
It is FREE with any eMeals subscription purchase, so check out 1 of our 60 meal plans on our website today to help you get dinner on the table in a snap every night. Now, onto the sneak peek recipe for Bacon Potato Salad.
- 4 lb Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover with 1 teaspoon salt 20 minutes or until tender; drain and
- cool 15 minutes.
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Stir together mayonnaise, mustard, pepper and remaining 11/2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl.
- Peel potatoes; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Add potatoes and eggs to mayonnaise mixture.
- Stir in bacon.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.