Creamy, comforting chicken pot pie gets a makeover with a flaky biscuit topping. Best of all, it comes together in 30 minutes. This kid-friendly dinner recipe instantly became a staff favorite.
Kid Friendly Easy Biscuit-Topped Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10-oz) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups chopped deli rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (103/4-oz) can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-oz) can refrigerated golden layers biscuits (10-count)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add vegetables, and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chicken, broth, cream of chicken soup, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Spoon mixture into an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange 8 biscuits over hot filling.
- Bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.