We are excited to announce the launch of our new eMeals Kid-Friendly meal plan! This mom-approved, kid-friendly plan solves what to feed your whole family, even the picky eaters. Enjoy a variety of classic favorite casseroles, new light and healthy options, and even recipes meant to inspire cooking as a family. Try this sample recipe, and let us know what you think.
We’d recommend if your kids are young, you tell them that this is our Cowboy Bake. Why not make it totally fun and even more exciting in their eyes? If you want more kid-friendly ideas, make sure to check out our Kid’s Corner Pinterest Boards.
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (10-oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 10¾ oz can reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1½ cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook beef and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring to crumble; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, soup, corn and chili powder.
- Layer one-third of tortillas in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Top with half of meat mixture; repeat layers.
- Top with remaining tortillas.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.