Looking for an innovative and fun way to spruce up your kid’s lunch (or your own)? Then try this Kid-Friendly Waffle Sandwich! Although we love waffles any way we can get them, we are currently swooning over waffles as a sandwich. Waffles are the king of breakfast, but we’d happily eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, AND dessert!
Here’s some of our favorite ways to enjoy waffles:
1. The Breakfast for Dessert: Stuffed with Nutella and strawberries.
2. The Classic: Chicken and waffles
3. The Dessert: S’mores waffles
4. The Dinner: Topped with a fried egg, tomato and fresh greens
Check out this bonus recipe below for a simple way to make this sandwich in a packable lunch and spruce up the noontime hungries!
- 8 frozen whole-grain waffles
- ½ lb thinly sliced low-sodium deli ham
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- ¼ cup apricot fruit spread
- Cook waffles according to package directions.
- Top 4 waffles evenly with ham; top each with a slice of cheese.
- Spread 1 tablespoon fruit spread over each of 4 remaining waffles; place on top of cheese.