This Red Velvet Cake Bites recipe makes a large batch – perfect for school or a Valentine’s Day party. If you have extras, freeze in airtight containers up to one month.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- Egg, oil and water called for on cake mix package
- 16 oz container cream cheese frosting
- 16 oz pink, red, and/or white candy melts
- Lollipop sticks
- Foam block, to serve as a “stand,” optional
- Optional Garnish: assorted Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- Prepare cake according to package instructions. Cool completely.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting, stirring to combine.
- Roll into 1-inch balls, and place on baking sheets. Refrigerate overnight.
- Melt candy melts in microwave on medium power, stirring until smooth.
- Dip the end of 1 lollipop stick in melted candy and insert into 1 cake ball.
- Dip cake ball into melted candy, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper, or poke into a foam block to dry. Immediately sprinkle with sprinkles if desired.
- Repeat procedure with remaining cake balls. Let stand until coating is set.
These are great because by using the red velvet cake mix, the ease factor goes up! What are your favorite Valentine’s Day recipes?