Last week we launched our Eat Healthy challenge with several resources to help you meet your personal health goals. With any eMeals meal plan purchase, you’ll receive our Low Calorie Jump Start Guide for free. The guide includes seven low calorie breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes, plus 10 snacks with less than 150 calories per serving.
The husband of one of our staff members raved about this recipe, saying this Chipotle Burger was the best burger he has ever eaten, and with less than 500 calories per serving, we think you’ll agree. The creamy avocado topping balances the spiciness of the chiles in the patties. Cook the patties in a grill pan or nonstick skillet if you don’t feel like firing up the grill.
- 1½ lb ground sirloin
- 2 chipotle peppers plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from 7-oz can), minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 (0.67-oz) slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 6 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 6 slices
- 6 (1.5-oz) whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 avocado, pitted and mashed
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine ground beef, peppers and adobo sauce, garlic, cilantro and pepper in a medium bowl, mixing just until combined.
- Shape into 6 equal patties.
- Grill patties, covered with grill lid, 6 minutes per side or until done; top with cheese slices during last 1 minute of cooking.
- Place 1 patty and avocado slice on bottom half of each bun; cover with bun tops.
Try it out, and let us know if this Chipotle Burger is your new favorite burger recipe.