If you think cooking low calorie meals means eating bland food that takes too long to prepare, then this recipe is for you. Our Garlic Shrimp with Blistered Tomatoes got the highest mark in our test kitchen, and it comes together in just 15 minutes. Broiling the tomatoes brings out their natural sweetness to make a rich, buttery sauce for the shrimp.
- 12 oz uncooked whole grain linguine
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, toss tomatoes with 1 tablespoon oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and red pepper on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil 4 to 5 minutes or until tomatoes burst.
- Melt butter in a large skillet with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Sprinkle shrimp with ¼ teaspoon salt; saute shrimp and garlic 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Toss shrimp with tomato mixture.
- Divide pasta evenly among 6 shallow bowls.
- Top with shrimp and tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Nutrition Information (per serving): CALORIES 471; FAT 16.9g (SAT 7g); PROTEIN 32g; CARB 49g; FIBER 7.3g; CHOL 223mg; SODIUM 1378mg
Want more low calorie recipes? Check out the eMeals Low Calorie Meal Plan, which includes seven dinner recipes per week, each with less than 500 calories.