This hearty soup has 6 grams of filling fiber, 10 grams of protein, and just 128 calories per serving. The addition of 2013’s favorite superfood, kale, means each serving container over 100% of the daily recommended intake of Vitamins A and C. Add quick Parmesan cheese toasts for dunking, if desired.
- 32 oz carton fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15-oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 lb fresh kale, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Combine broth, beans, onion, carrot, celery, rosemary, salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper in a 4-quart slow cooker, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook on Low 6 hours.
- Stir in kale; cover and cook on High 1 hour longer.
- Stir in vinegar before serving.
- Divide into 6 equal portions.
Sign up for one of our healthy meal plans, and receive our Low Calorie Jump Start Guide for free. You’ll find recipes like this one on some of our healthy meal plans