During the busy holiday season, a slow cooker can be a lifesaver. Whether at work, holiday shopping or carpooling to the next event, with the eMeals Slow Cooker meal plans the cooking happens while you’re away. Better still, you walk in the door to a home-cooked meal that’s ready to enjoy.
As an added bonus, our Slow Cooker meal plans include recipes that allow you to cook once and eat twice. You’ll make one recipe in your slow cooker, and then save some of the leftovers to be reinvented for a superfast dinner later in the week.
This spaghetti and meatballs recipe is the ultimate easy weeknight meal. You can even combine the ingredients in your slow cooker the night before, and refrigerate the entire slow cooker insert overnight. Then all you have to do is turn it on in the morning. When you get home, just cook some spaghetti, and you’ve got a crowd-pleasing dinner on the table in just minutes.
- 1 (32-oz) package frozen fully-cooked Italian-style meatballs, thawed
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (16-oz) box spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine meatballs, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, seasoning and sugar in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7 hours or until meatballs are thoroughly heated and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over spaghetti, and top with Parmesan cheese. (Reserve about 1 cup sauce and about one-third of meatballs for Meatball and Pepper Pizzas.)
This recipe makes plenty for leftovers, but instead of having the exact same thing for dinner two nights in a row use some of the sauce and meatballs for a meatball pizza. Starting with a prebaked pizza crust makes this a dinner than cooks up in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 (12-inch) prebaked pizza crusts
- Reserved meatballs and sauce (from Classic Spaghetti and Meatballs)
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-oz) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (5-oz) bag baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place pizza crusts on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Spread sauce over crusts; halve meatballs, and arrange over sauce. Top with bell pepper and cheese; sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Toss together arugula, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl; arrange on top of pizzas. Cut into wedges.
Check out the Slow Cooker Classic Meal Plan, with your homestyle favorites, and the Slow Cooker Clean Eating Meal Plan, using more fresh, healthy ingredients and less processed foods. Sign up for a free 14-day trial and let us help you enjoy more meals at home and save time and money this holiday season.
And don’t miss these other cook once, eat twice recipes:
-Text by Jessica Cox, RD