Our Mediterranean plan launches soon and showcases fresh fish, heart healthy foods, and a leisurely feel that makes you imagine you are visiting the Mediterranean!
This beautiful fish is complimented by bright green and slightly crisp asparagus for a well-rounded meal that makes you feel satisfied but not too full.
Mediterranean Pan-Seared Salmon with Roasted Asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 (4 oz) skin-on salmon fillets
- 3 lemons, cut in half crosswise and seeded
- 2 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over salmon. Add salmon to skillet, skin-side down. Cook 6 minutes or until skin is crispy. Carefully turn salmon over. Place skillet in oven; cook 4 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork. Remove salmon from skillet; add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add lemons to skillet, cut sides down; cook 3 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice into skillet and discard lemons; stir lemon juice pan sauce with a whisk. Pour pan sauce over salmon.
- Toss asparagus with 2 tablespoons oil, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast asparagus 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
CALORIES 280; FAT 16.5g (SAT 2.5g); PROTEIN 26.7g; CARB 7.7g; FIBER 3.2g; CHOL 52mg; SODIUM 476mg