Looking for something new to do with your burgers? If you’re bored of the same old bun, ketchup, and mustard routine we’ve got a burger right up your alley. With mushrooms, basil, perfect mayo and a few other fun change ups this burger will take your taste buds to the next level. The perfect opportunity to try out this burger is right around the corner with Memorial Day weekend. Fire up your grill, and let us know what you thought about this burger atop fluffy ciabatta buns.
- 1.5 lbs ground chuck
- 1 c finely minced baby Bella mushrooms
- ½ c finely minced onion
- 2 T minced fresh basil
- (1 T balsamic vinegar, ½ t salt)
- Sliced provolone cheese
- 5 Ciabatta buns, split and toasted
- Pesto Mayo:
- ½ c mayonnaise
- 2 T basil pesto
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 Roma or plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Combine ground chuck, mushrooms, onion, basil, vinegar and salt. Shape mixture into 4 patties. Grill over med-high heat, for 6 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 160˚. Top each patty with cheese.
- To make Pesto Mayo: Combine mayonnaise and pesto. Spread desired amount over each bun. Top with patty, lettuce, and tomato.
This recipe makes 4 large burgers or 6 small. Adjust according to your crowd this upcoming holiday! Try pairing it with our Grilled Okra and Tomato Skewers.
Related Recipes You May Want to Try: