Here’s a one-ingredient unique treat that Dad and the kids can make for Mom in about 5 minutes. Great for breakfast or dessert, gift her with a bag of these crisp confections. And if you really want to make Mom’s day, we recommend smearing the crisps with chocolate hazelnut spread.
This recipe can be found on our Mother’s Day menu which will be FREE for our members next week on our site. Our Mother’s Day Menus this year includes:
- Mom’s Brunch Pizza
- Brown Sugar Bacon
- Melon Blueberry Parfaits
It is a delicious and well-rounded treat for mom to enjoy! These delicious Doughnut Crisps make the perfect Mother’s Day gift in case you aren’t up for making the entire menu as well.
- 6 plain glazed doughnuts
- Hazelnut Spread (optional)
- Preheat panini press.
- Using a serrated knife, split doughnuts in half horizontally.
- Place doughnut halves, a few at a time, in panini press.
- Cover and cook about 1 minute or until crisp and golden.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
Note: As an option, you can grill doughnut halves, cut side down, in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook about 1 minute, pressing gently with back of a spatula.