Paleo chicken salad is a perfect dish for snacks, lunch, or even dinner! This recipe is simple, straight forward and keeps your Paleo lifestyle in mind. Many of you are taking our Paleo Challenge and this recipe is found in the challenge.
Proponents of the Paleo diet suggest that our bodies are genetically programmed to thrive on a diet high in meats and fresh vegetables and fruits-foods that could be hunted and gathered during the Paleolithic era. Cutting out the modern processed foods and grains that have been cited as a cause of modern diseases like Type2 Diabetes and heart disease and returning to a caveman diet may help improve overall health and athletic performance. If you’re interested in learning more about the Paleo lifestyle, make sure you download our Paleo Jump Start Guide here.
We enjoyed this light and refreshing chicken salad on cucumber slices in the eMeals test kitchen a few days ago and knew we had to share it with you! If you need more help figuring out how to eat Paleo, make sure you check out our Paleo meal plan for family or for two!
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup homemade or organic mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped cashew halves and pieces, toasted
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- Remove breast, thigh, and leg meat from chicken; discard bones.
- Chop meat into bite-size pieces.
- Combine chopped chicken, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl; toss well to coat.
- Stir in basil and cashews.
- Serve with cucumber slices.
What’s your favorite Paleo lunch recipe?