Just in case you missed our How to Host a Holiday Cookie Swap post last week, here’s the main attraction one more time: These delicious Paleo chocolate chip cookies! Soft and tender, they use almond flour and coconut oil to fit into the Paleo lifestyle. Big bittersweet chocolate chips melt down to pockets of gooeyness while baking. We devoured them right off the cooling rack!
Related Recipe: Budget-Friendly Double Chocolate-Peppermint Bark
- 31/4 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup raw honey
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 11/2 cups bittersweet dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped pitted dates (or use figs)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Combine eggs, honey, oil and vanilla, stirring well. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir until blended. Fold in chocolate chips and dates; chill dough about 30 minutes.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown; cool on a wire rack. Store in refrigerator.
Related Article: The Paleo Diet and Coconut Oil Explained