Enjoy a classic Southern favorite without falling off the Paleo bandwagon. Cauliflower stands in for corn-based grits and takes on a creamy texture to serve as the base for the spicy shrimp mixture.
- 1 (12-oz) package fresh cauliflower florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup organic chicken broth
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- To prepare grits, process cauliflower, in batches, in a food processor until cauliflower resembles grits.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add cauliflower to pan; cook 4 minutes stirring often. Stir in broth, almond meal, salt and pepper. Cook 12 minutes or until liquid is evaporated, stirring frequently.
- To prepare shrimp, grate rind from lemon; set aside. Cut lemon in half; squeeze juice into small bowl.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add shrimp, seasoning, lemon rind and lemon juice. Saute 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley.
- Serve shrimp mixture over cauliflower grits.
Want more Paleo dinner recipes? Check out the eMeals Paleo meal plan for simple and flavorful Paleo dinner recipes for every night of the week.
More Paleo dinner recipes:
Thanks to Erin with Clementine Daily for sharing this photo on her Instagram feed with us after cooking from our Paleo meal plans! Make sure you follow us on Instagram here and your photo could be featured on our Instagram feed.