Coconut aminos and lime juice lend a bright yet savory flavor to this marinated grilled steak. The topping has just the right balance of citrusy orange and buttery avocado for a dinner that’s as flavorful as it colorful. If you’re not following a Paleo Diet, substitute low-sodium soy sauce for the coconut aminos, if desired.
- 2 lb flank steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 oranges, peeled and chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place flank steak in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag.
- Combine oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, coconut aminos and garlic in a small bowl. Pour over steak; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat grill or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove steak from bag, and discard marinade. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak 6 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- Meanwhile, combine oranges, avocados, shallot, parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Serve Orange-Avocado Topping over steak.
Have you taken our Paleo Challenge? Download the Jump Start guide now.
Check out the eMeals Paleo Meal Plan for more Paleo dinner recipes.