Roasting Brussels sprouts enhances the flavor while keeping them crisp-tender. Add bacon and toss with a sweet-tangy mixture of balsamic vinegar and mustard and you’ve got a five-star holiday side dish.
This recipe is featured on our Paleo Holiday Menu. Our Paleo Holiday Menu includes:
Kale Salad with Apples, Oranges and Walnuts
Coconut Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Savory Thyme and Garlic Roast Turkey or Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin
Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Garlic Cauliflower Mash
Sausage, Mushroom and Apple Dressing
Spiced Sparkling Wine Poached Pears
Pumpkin-Macadamia Pie with Pecan Crust
This menu can serve 12+ people! Get a sneak peek at one of the recipes below.
- 3 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 slices center-cut bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss Brussels sprouts, shallots, garlic, bacon, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread mixture in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet rubbed with oil. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Stir together mustard and vinegar in a large bowl; add Brussels sprouts mixture, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with pecans.
Check out our three holiday menus, including Classic, Paleo and Clean Eating versions on our website. These holiday menus are free for new members!