A group from our Customer Experience team meets to enjoy lunch together now and again. We’ve nicknamed their lunches “al desko with eMeals,” and follow their adventures here on the blog. Click here for their first and second al desko recipes.
Paleo lunches have never been easier! This kid-friendly recipe is versatile and delicious, and our “al desko” lunch team loved it.
The salad can be made ahead the night before and served chilled or warm. You can whisk together the vinaigrette, cook the bacon, and chop the onion the night before. Then microwave the broccoli at work, and toss it all together right before serving. Either way, our team loved the salad and thought it was a great lunch meal paired with the light—not heavy—skewers.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (12-oz) pkg broccoli florets
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp lemon pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (cut into quarters, if desired)
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 8 already cooked chicken-apple sausage links
- 2 large sweet red apples
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; crumble.
- Microwave broccoli according to package directions.
- Whisk together mustard, oil, vinegar, garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- Combine broccoli, bacon, tomatoes and onion in a bowl; drizzle with vinaigrette, tossing to coat.
- Prepare sausage according to package directions; cool and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Chop apples into 1-inch chunks. Mix lemon juice and 2 Tbsp water in a bowl; toss apples in mixture.
- Skewer sausage and apple alternately onto 6-inch wooden skewers.
Want more Paleo-friendly lunch options? Give our Paleo Lunch plan a try! It’s part of our suite of Paleo Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner meal plans, which include a week’s worth of recipes and compiled grocery lists delivered to your inbox or smartphone via our app every week. Our 14-day trial is free!